With online giants like Amazon making over $35 billion in the first quarter of 2017, it’s easy to see that the world wide web is ripe for ecommerce profits. Have you been considering starting your own ecommerce business? If so, then you’re in the right place. Let’s take a look at 5 tools that are essential to starting a successful ecommerce business.
Shopify is first on this list for many reasons, but primarily because it is currently the go-to ecommerce platform for startups. With over 325,000 stores and counting, you’ll be in good company if you decided to host your ecommerce business here. Some benefits of choosing Shopify are:
- Ease of setup. With hundreds of templates available, you don’t need to know coding to get your website up and running.
- Lots of functionality. There are close to 2,000 plugins and extensions available, for everything you can think of like drop shipping and inventory management.
With Shopify you also enjoy perks like the ability to sell directly on Facebook, mobile-friendly setup and 24/7 live chat and email support.
After you’ve got your ecommerce store setup, you’ll need an accurate way to measure the amount of visitors who come to your site, where they come from, how long they spent on which pages, as well as where they visit before they decide to make a purchase. Kissmetrics is the ideal analytics tool to use for your ecommerce business’ analytics needs. Here are some of its best features:
- Easy interpretation. Kissmetrics uses easy to understand graphs and charts, with labels that tell you everything you need to know at a glance.
- Accurate analytics. Real time tracking, and easy generation of reports means that you will have up to date analytics at all times
Kissmetrics provides ecommerce business owners with everything they need to grow their businesses using data on how their website visitors interact with their store. You can easily integrate Kissmetrics with your Shopify store.
In addition to setting up your store, you obviously need a way to get paid. PayPal is one of the best ways to accept payment, and gives you untold flexibility both in the way your customers can pay, and how you can accept it. Some benefits of PayPal are:
- Flexibility. Customers can pay you via their credit cards, their own PayPal and even their bank accounts. After the money is accepted into your PayPal account you can have it transferred to your bank, spend it online or use PayPal’s Business Debit Mastercard to make purchases instantly at point-of-sale terminals.
- High trust factor. 210 million people choose to use PayPal because of its buyer protection policy. Utilising PayPal will put first-time buyers at easy.
- Maximum integration. Every ecommerce platform offers PayPal integration, so it will be simple to setup your checkout area using this payment platform.
PayPal also offers responsive 24/7 email and chat support, and a slew of business account upgrades that make tracking your business’ growth a breeze.
After you have the framework of your business set up, you’ll need content to fill those pages. Whether it’s your homepage, product descriptions for your listings or just a landing page to get them to sign up for your mailing list, you’ll need a skilled writer who can persuade people who visit your site to purchase from you. Speedlancer is the solution you’ll need. This tool allows you to purchase quality content from world class freelancers at affordable rates, with most projects delivered within 4 hours.
- Capitalizes on speed. Once you purchase a content package at your desired budget, it is sent out to all freelancers and the first available writer will jump in and start your project. You’ll have your content written in no time.
- Best for businesses on a budget. The freelancers on Speedlancer work for lower rates because of the short deadline for delivery, and smaller quantity of work required in each project. This gives you the best value for your money.
With an average job acceptance time of just 10 minutes, you’ll have your content writing done in no time using this platform. In addition to the high quality of the content you’ll receive, Speedlancer has top notch customer support that’s never too far away to handle your requests and queries.
When your ecommerce starts gaining traction, and you find that the number of visitors you have is steadily growing, the question arises, “What can I do better to convert these visitors into customers?” The popular online tool Hotjar is the answer to that question. Hotjar is a qualitative data collection tool that gives you insight into how your website visitors interact with each webpage. Here are a few cool things about Hotjar:
- You can record entire visits. Hotjar allows you to record the entire visit of customers on your website. That means that you can sit back and watch a movie of how people react to what is on your website.
- Plug funnel leaks. You can watch how users interact with your sales funnel to see exactly when customers drop off, and subsequently take steps to improve the conversion of your funnel.
- Free options available. Though Hotjar offers a paid version of their services, there is also a free option that gives ecommerce business owners access to a wide variety of qualitative analytics tools.
In addition to all these amazing features, Hotjar has amazing customer service and email support. With Hotjar in your toolbox, you’ll grow your business in unprecedented ways, without ramping up your marketing efforts.
Now that we’ve got these essential ecommerce tools covered, what do you think? These 5 ecommerce tools will help you to start your very own online business, and give you everything you need to make your business a success at each stage of the process. Whether you’re selling physical products, digital products or drop shipping, these tools are your holy grail.